- This event has passed.
Long Range Qualification Course
October 15 @ 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
The training clinic is designed to give participants the knowledge
and fundamentals to precisely shoot targets at distance. This is a
“ground-up” class where each shooter will thoroughly go through their
gear to ensure proper setup, and learn specifically with their own
The clinic run 8:00a-6:00p with a break for lunch.
Cost is $399, and upon passing the course, participants will be
qualified for return visits to the long range.
Check calendar for class schedule. Email [email protected] for more
There are no prerequisites of skill.
This course is designed for both the novice and experienced shooter. A
good shooter is always learning.
Here is a list of items needed to participate in the training clinic:
– 308, 6.5mm, 6mm or similar caliber precision rifle capable of one
minute of angle accuracy.
-Hunting rifles and/or magnum calibers are not recommended.
Hunting/sporter profile barrels tend to have a point of impact shift as
they heat up and usually have to be shot at a slower pace which will
significantly reduce the training value.
Magnum caliber recoil will make training difficult due to the quantity
of rounds of course and shooter fatigue.
– Match ammunition (minimum 80 rounds)
– Quality scope with exposed /adjustable turrets and MIL or MOA reticle
REQUIRED (bring manual for the scope or online). Mil based optics
preferred. ***NO DUPLEX OR BDC STYLE RETICLES ARE ALLOWED*** – You must
have the ability to use your reticle to accurately measure.
– Rifle anti-cant device (level) – recommended
– Bipod with tilt feature required – Harris or Atlas bipod recommended
– Rear tail bag (sandbag) – Weibad Range Cube recommended
– Cleaning kit, Pen, pencil, and small notebook
– Eye and ear protection
– Comfortable yet durable clothing (pants, long sleeved shirt, boots and
– Rain/inclement weather gear
– Food/Lunch to snack on throughout the day
– Spotting scope (recommended –not required.)
– Shooting Mat REQUIRED – MidwayUSA Pro Series Competition – Shooting
Mat is HIGHLY recommended
– Sunscreen/bug repellent (seasonal)
– Benches are available but are first come, first serve